Looks Dumb – Works Great
I’ve been thinking a lot about bad memories these last few days.
I’ve especially been thinking about what it takes to turn a bad memory into something neutral, or even positive.
I’m taking a course by Tim Robins, combining EFT and NLP – Emotional Freedom Techniques and Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
Tim lives in Phuket, Thailand, where I’m currently visiting.
Here’s what Tim said, just today…
the body is the unconscious mind.
I’m wondering – what does that statement mean to you? Here are some thoughts and questions that come to mind for me:
- Emotions are felt in the body, but labeled by the mind
- Emotional stress is often (always?) felt in the body as pain or illness
- The unconscious mind is always trying to protect us – therefore the body is always trying to protect us
- The body affects the mind and the mind affects the body
- If the body is the unconscious mind, we can change the body by changing the mind and we can change the mind by changing the body
- If the body is the unconscious mind, what is the brain? And…
- What is the difference between the brain and the mind?
OK, I have a lot of questions – but not so many answers just now.
Tell the Story Video
I put this video on this page, because I think the way EFT works is interesting, in light of the above thoughts and questions about mind-body techniques.
When doing EFT, you bring up a disturbing emotion and the related upset thoughts, while stimulating various energy meridian points by tapping with fingertips. This action, of tapping the qi energy points, while being in a disturbed state, allows change to happen.
What typically happens is that the painful emotions and negative thoughts become far less painful and the thoughts become neutral, sometimes positive.
It’s an intriguing process – and quite surprising the first time it’s experienced. If you haven’t yet tried EFT, I urge you to give it a try. The above video can make it easy.
p.s. If you’d like to learn more simple, effective (and weird-looking) ways to transform bad memories – sign up for the free EFT Video Course.