After I told my readers I was making sweet holiday treats – sweetening them with stevia, instead of sugar, I got lots of requests for my recipes. So here’s one I adapted.
Healthy Sweet with Stevia Pumpkin Pie Custard
- 1 can (15 ounce) pure organic pumpkin
- ½ cup milk (I recommend whole milk, half and half, cream, almond milk or hemp milk – I used Straus heavy cream – delicious!)
- 4 beaten eggs (I used 3 organic pastured eggs – all I had on hand)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1-2 teaspoons liquid stevia (1 tsp was plenty sweet for me. Can use flavored stevia.)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for coating baking containers)
- Optional toppings: Pecans or Walnuts, Whipped Cream, Sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat glass baking containers with coconut oil. (Can use ramekins, custard cups or whatever glass baking dishes you have – I used a variety of shapes and sizes)
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, spices and stevia.
- Pour into containers, leaving 3/4 inch space for expansion
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Delicious served hot or cold – with whipped cream and/or nuts